Create the Journey:
9 Months In, 9 Months Out
Becoming a mama has been one of the most fulfilling things that’s ever happened in my life. I am so excited to share JP’s birth story with you in this episode. Everything from the 9 months of him being in my belly and the first 9 months of his life: I’m sharing it all! Enjoy!
Listen to the podcast here!
*Not gonna lie, I go back and forth between labor and delivery a lot in this episode…it’s only because I’m so excited and wanted to tell you all the things!
In this episode:
- Warning: This is an honest conversation
- How many kids we want
- Fertility Testing
- How we found out I was pregnant
- Our doctor appointments
- Our birthing team
- Doula: Joleen Cullens – Healing Tree Massage, Bodywork, and Doula Services (HIGHLY recommend hiring a doula.It made our experience easy and smooth)
- Birth Photographer/Videographer: Elizabeth Ashdown Photography – Hands down, one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. Phil was a little apprehensive at first but now, we are both SO happy to have photos and video of JP’s birth. There’s nothing like reliving the moment I heard “It’s a boy!” (We didn’t find out our baby’s gender until he was delivered!)
- What labor and delivery felt like
- My choice to have an unmedicated labor
- Coming Home
- Episode Take-Aways
I want to know about YOU!
- If you’re currently trying, try not to think about it. Enjoy the baby making process, spend time with your significant other. Do you have any more questions about my experience?
- If you’re currently pregnant, how are you feeling?! What has been your experience so far? Is there anything else you want to know? All I have to say is you’ve got this, you body is an incredible organism, women have been having babies for thousands of years.
- If you’re a new mom, what are your struggles? Have you figured out any hacks? (Listen to Episode 001!)
- If you’ve been a mom for a while, tell me all the things! What advice do you have?
Everyday Extraordinary Prompt: Love (the emotion)
Links and Mentions from the Episode
As promised, here are just a couple things I haven’t been able to live without since having JP.
* Just letting you know, but i know you wont mind 😉 Some links are affiliate links which means I may make a small commission from any purchase at no additional cost to you.*
- Before pregnancy (and still now): 40 oz Hydroflask Water Bottle I LOVE the color and that it pushes me to keep hydrated during the day (I try to drink 2 a day, but absolutely drink at least 1)
- During pregnancy: Ovia Pregnancy App This baby tracking app is so fun!
- After Pregnancy: Belly wrap There are a lot of different ones, and I tried a few but this one actually worked the best for me (and it’s way cheaper than other brand name ones…)
- For JP: White Noise Machine for Babies The ocean waves, along with his night time routine has JP sleeping through the night and allows us to still do things around the house before bed.
Want $25 to use on Amazon?! (I’m over here raising my hand) If I get 25 reviews in the first 25 days of the podcast being live (by Jan 6, 2020) I will be giving away a $25 gift card! Even better, if I get more reviews than 25 then that will be the dollar amount of the gift card…so if I get 36 reviews by Jan 6, then the gift card total will be $36.
How to enter:
- Leave a review
- Take a screenshot
- DM/email me the screenshot
- Be entered to win!
Thanks for listening to the Create the Journey podcast, if you enjoyed it I’d love for you to leave a review (and subscribe so you’ll be notified each time a new episode is released! You can do that here.
Did you know I have a Facebook Community EXCLUSIVELY for this audience?! Join us here!
Until next week!