Create the Journey:
Why We Print Our Photos
I open my eyes every morning and see love. As I walk around my house, I’m greeted with smiles and happy memories. Almost everywhere I turn, I see art. My art. My family. In today’s episode I’m diving into why we print our photos. Hang them on our walls and relive our journeys together through storybooks. Enjoy!
Listen to the episode here.
In this episode:
- Winning Week 2020 reflection
- My picture taking problem
- Technology changes
- Why people don’t print their photos
- If I could change one thing about my childhood…
- From Phil’s point of view
- Episode Take-Aways
Everyday Extraordinary Prompt: A Photo of a Photo
Links and Mentions from the Episode
- Sign up for you Winning Week 2020 here
- Quotables from the episode:
- “Printing your photos is so important in documenting your family legacy. Give these memories to you, your significant other, and your children to hold and love every day. This is such a testimony to you importance as a family.” – Monique Lockwood
- “Long after these days and sleepless nights have ended, let there exist a record around us – a story of love, belonging, connection…a history, told in pictures.” – Michele McKay
- Places to print your photos: (I Googled it and got 372,000,000 hits!)
- MPix – MPix is the consumer lab by my professional lab. They provide high quality photos with fast shipping. You can get 25% off your first order when you sign up for their e-mail list.
- Parabo Press – Looking for square prints? Parabo Press has you covered. For only $10 you can get 20, 4 inch photo squares on thick matte paper. I get some of my favorites printed every once in awhile to have around the house to flip through. Purchase at the right time and they’re usually offering free prints or Instagram books.
- Blurb – I haven’t used them yet, but I am SO excited because I’ll be printing this year’s yearbook through them! They have rave reviews if you’re looking to create a photo book.
- Other places to print (I haven’t used them but wanted to give you more options)
- Artifact Uprising – Variety of modern, bespoke photo products
- Shutterfly – I’ve held some products from them that friends have printed and I’m not impressed (books and prints). They do have good price points though. The announcement cards are decent quality.
- Nations Photo Lab – Variety of printed products
- Amazon Prints – I’m intrigued and will likely try them out soon.
Catch up on previous episodes:
001. Give Yourself Grace
002. Stuck on Love
003. 9 Months In, 9 Months Out
004. Everyday Extraordinary
005. Making Family Traditions
006. Winning Week 2020
If there’s one thing you do this week, go print a least one photo. Put it on your desk for you to see each day and to brag about to your co-workers.
Until next week!